Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Full Circle

Since becoming a Mom in 2005 and again in 2009 I feel like my experiences have brought me full circle. Life has given me a lot. At the time of my son's birth, well, I felt like life was over, I felt like I wasn't going to survive if I lost him. Now, I realize how fortunate we really were, how much worse it could have been. My heart has become tender for other moms who have struggled or lost. Especially this time of year.
Most recently,as I watched my son throw a huge tantrum. I stood back and just thought of how crazy he was acting. He's frustrated as he tries to grow into an individual. Five and half years ago, I thought the hospital was going to forever be our life. I now have a great appreciation of this stage in his life. And I say a prayer of thanks. Now, I have a respect for other moms that I didn't have before. Just like each child is precious and unique, so are each parent's style of parenting. I am just finding myself really really grateful. I've been given a heart for other parents. Being content when very little money is in the bank.
I find myself loving more and hating less. I will never regret this time with my children. My car is beat up, my clothes are old and some nights I feel really overwhelmed. But I'm learning everyday to appreciate it all.

1 comment: