Monday, March 16, 2009

Early Spring Cleaning

Now that I'm a stay-at-home mom I have this overwhelming urge to clean and have a clean house. So, I started Spring Cleaning early. Why so early, well, it's going to take me forever, take a look at the picture above. This is what my daughter does if she is not being held or sleeping. When she gets like this...she doesn't stop...my son would stop and give it up...my daughter will keep going till she is blue. The doctor told me not to let her do this to much or she would be very insecure. So, I work around this and between this.
First impressions are the most important, right? So here. My linen closet, I'm such a neat and tidy person, that it always looks like this. NOT! I'm a sloppy person who married a sloppy person, we don't stand a chance! (Can you see the dump truck in the pink room to the right, my son is trying to take over his sister's room already, can't wait for those boundary battles.

This is what my linen closet looked like before.



'I think it is time to go grocery shopping'. This refridgerator took me nearly 3 days of working off and on. Meredith wakes up about 8 in the morning to be fed but then she takes a nap shortly after, so, this was my morning work. I washed each peice carefully I even put some in the dishwasher and this worked GREAT! Then I saw that on the bottom of each peice it says "Wash with warm soapy water, DO NOT put in dishwasher" Well, it didn't hurt this time. And I'm sure it will be years before I do this again:)




This is what my poor refridgerator looked like before. I'm surprised a HAZMAT team didn't come and shut us down or the health inspector.
Well, you have seen just 2 peices of the mess I live in (for now). How long do you think it will take me to get the entire house finished? I'll give you and inside tip so you can make a proper estimate. My daughter's and son's room are very clean (exception of toys in Bry's room). The rest is needing attention. Remember the precious face from the beginning AND the activities of an almost 4 year old. Any guess? Aahh, How does Kate plus 8 do it?



No comments:

Post a Comment