Sunday, October 25, 2009

A New Series


A while back my mom got the first two books of this series. She loaned them to me thinking I would have more time than her to read them. HA! I think I 'borrowed' these books about 9 months ago. And I am just now able to focus and read more than one sentence at a time. After the Twilight series I was a little lost and sad. No more Edward and Bella to entertain my imagination. I have never been able to read a book more than one time. I've tried. But I just can't get through it. AND, I'm a slow reader I want to revel in every word, not just get the gist of a story and be finished with it. At last, I picked up City of Bones and read it through. (The whole reason we became interested in this author is because Stephanie Meyer recommends them) Thankfully I had City of Ashes and was able to pick that up right after finishing the first. Absolutely torcheress (I don't even know if that is a word) I began to panic when I realized I was almost done and I don't have the third book! Alas, here I am, on Sunday and no book! I've been to the library but it won't be there until tomorrow, apparently the book is in 'transit'. So, as I wonder about the fiery red head Clary and the devilishly handsome Jace (it's not all romance) I decided to recommend this trilogy to any reader that may stumble across this blog post. It's a series that has been written to interest 'Young Adults'.
PS! My apologizes to my wonderful friend Jessica! I have been pestering her for details on the outcome of these books and she is NOT giving in. But, I've had a great time talking with her about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment