Thursday, October 29, 2009

First Impressions

New college students. Those fresh from highschool. Wet behind the ears to say the least. And with that, first impressions are everything! During that crucial time I had a run in with a (what I prejudged) hot-to-trot snob. She was fiesty and gorgeous and I loathed her. Her friends started the 'he said, she said' gossip and truths were twisted, rumors flew (yes, we were in college) and her feeling toward me was mutual.
Then one day the tables turned. During a lab final in which one of us entered late, the other offered some reluctant aid. That day I learned that first impressions and pre-judging should have no part in my life. Because that day I gained a friend. She is hot-to-trot and gorgeous but she is also one of the sweetest, most loyal, hard working, wonderful daughter, wife, mother, and friend.
We have been friends for 7 years now! She is married to a wonderful man, her very own prince charming and she deserves it like no one else I have ever known. And she has a gorgeous little girl!
Inspirational in her own right and she doesn't even realize it. One day, she looked at the road she lived on and said to herself "I want to be able to run up and down this road twice" she started slow and built up and now she has exceeded those 4 miles ( YES FOUR dag gum miles, I get winded just thinking about it) and she runs marathons.
She is a confident, witty, tell-it-like-it-is friend. She is a friend anyone would be lucky to have. I'm so glad that our first impression of one another did not stick. Because I would have missed out on knowing a God Fearing woman that I look up to.
Friends, meet Jessica, her husband Brad, and her beautiful daughter Aubree.


No comments:

Post a Comment