Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Memory Loss

Writers have Writer's Block, Artists suffer Artistic Block. Me, I suffer from Memory Block. I know a certain amount of memory loss with age is normal but PLEASE! I'm 28 years old and more often than not I find myself standing in the kitchen and wondering what I went to the kitchen for in the first place AND why is that milk in the pantry? My husband has given up on me being able to find my own keys, I can walk in the house for only a moment and 'lose' my keys. If I run to the store for a few things I not only forget where I parked but I often 'forget' to put the groceries away! I get busy with changing diapers and being my son's personal waitress that everything else just slips away. Perishables are not safe in my house. I sometimes forget to eat, although you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at me. And names will never be remembered. If I happen to run into you please don't be offended that I don't know your name. My first year of teaching I prided myself on knowing all my student's names, I knew their parents and siblings names as well.I had the memory of an elephant! Now, I have kids come up to me that have been in my class and some of them don't even look familiar, but they know who I am. That is the hardest thing for me to deal with. All my former students are important to me and I hate that I can't remember them.
I believe I need to make an appointment with a doctor about this, but I'll forget to in ..... what was I talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment