Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Gorgeous in Glasses

You may have heard....Little M needed glasses. It breaks our hearts that our 7 month old will have to wear glasses for a long while, maybe forever. But, she just makes it so darn cute!
She may not be good at sleeping (she still wakes up once or twice). She may not be a good pooper! But wearing glasses and looking cute, she does quite well! Where's the briefcase and business suit? I decided a while ago that I would not force her to wear her spectacles ALL day. I planned to start out with one hour and slowly work my way up to the whole day. But hey! She loves them. She donned this translucent pink accessory from 6 to 7:30 tonight. And she did it well, only touching them one time. Now, if I can keep her brother from pushing them up for her and leaving 4 year old prints on her glasses then we will be good to go.

Here are my glasses, my son's glasses, and her glasses! Can I just say what a nightmare glasses were for my son. It all started out with a doctor that didn't know what he was doing when it came to working with little ones. Turned out that his first pair of glasses were 10 times to strong for his little eyes! And I promise you that I am not embellishing that fact. Tears came to my eyes when Dr. Thomas from ACH told me that if I had forced him to wear them it would/could have caused permanent damage. Praise the Lord for 'Mother's Instinct'. A blessed gift from God that 'Instinct' is, even saving my son's life once. To God be the glory for the little mothering skill I possess.A girl after my own heart.
Disclaimer: I realize that my son is not often given face time on my blog. It's not because I don't adore him, but because the eye issues he has had (mainly the surgery) make it very VERY difficult to keep his eyes open when I take a picture. Our camera is just a point and shoot so I don't have any control over the flash.



2 comments:

  1. I love babies in glasses. It is a little sad to see that they have to wear them, so I feel a little guilty that I love seeing babies with them :) Hope she does good with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks ADORABLE, Raina. I would be impressed if you told me she would leave them on for 5 seconds. I can't believe she kept them on for an hour and a half. I'm so sorry you all have to go through this, but I know you are thankful it isn't worse than it is.

    No, I didn't cry when Korbie got his haircut. But I did feel sad yesterday when I was putting pictures on my blog of the before and after. I missed the long hair from before. Oh well, it is just hair. I guess I was just attached.

    ReplyDelete