Friday, February 19, 2010

Finley Family Prayers

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law have been blessed with three beautiful children. Heath is the oldest. He is 10 years old. He's a fantastic baseball player. A loving brother and son. And he is sick. This fiery red head has been down and out for two weeks. What started out as a 'virus' ended up being pneumonia in his left lung. After a fever of nearly 105 for 5 days he was admitted to the Hospital. His heart was showing signs of stress from such a high fever. The next day the doctor pulled 450 cc's of fluid from the left lung, in hopes that this would jump start his system and give the antibiotics a chance to kick in. After that didn't work they inserted a chest tube to give the lung a direct line to continuously drain. These procedures have each been done with NO anesthesia, as that lowers his pulse ox. Yesterday he had an x ray since having the chest tube removed on Monday and it didn't show any improvement like they had hoped for. So, he is still in the hospital and just tonight spiked another high fever. At the same time my brother-in-law is at home with their 4 year old daughter who is now also running a temp over a 102. Now he can't come to the hospital to see his son. And my sister-in-law is torn because she desperately wants to be there for her son and daughter. Meanwhile, Matthew, my sweet middle child nephew who has asthma is happy and healthy. Of course we are praying for his health to continue. Please please pray for healing for both Whitney and Heath. And endurance for my sister-in-law and brother-in-law.
For my crew. Little M is running a low grade 101.8, has a terrible cough, and snotty nose. She is also breathing quite fast when she is awake. I'm worried about RSV. My son was misdiagnosed with croup when he was a mere 3 months from turning two. He ended up being taken by ambulance from another doctors office (I had gone for a second opinion) because he was turning blue and had a pulse ox of only 82%. But the doctor said if she had RSV then it was just a virus so no need to test. As I write she is in her bed sleeping and coughing. It sounds so horrific. I'm thankful for my Angelcare Breathing and Movement Monitor tonight. Also, my husband is getting over an ear infection, bronchitis, and a throat infection of some sort as is my father-in-law. Anyone want to share a cookie?
Will you please dear readers, pray for our family. We pray that the well ones will stay well, so that we can nurture and nurse the ill ones back to health.

No comments:

Post a Comment