Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Great

Yesterday went GREAT! I was super nervous, I don't love the thought of someone else being in control while I'm asleep. But Dr. Joseph is fantastic. The whole procedure took 3 hours. 15 minutes of which was the actual procedure. Ha! The usual, weight, pregnancy and medicine check. When the nurse said "Is there a possibility you could be pregnant?" I was like "NO" then she said, "How do you know?" Hm, "Well, because I'm pretty confident in our prevention methods" Then she said she still has to do a test. And here's why! That same morning a lady the age of 43 was in there to have some type of procedure done. They asked her the same question of of course she said there was no way she could be pregnant because she was menopausal. And guess what? She WAS pregnant!!! Surprise. God has a since of humor! So, no procedure for her! Mine was negative, so, they proceeded with the procedure.
It was mostly uneventful. I fell asleep, the doctor did his scope, and I woke up. I do have some damage to my esophagus, so he gave me a prescription for that. And my stomach was swollen and irritated so he had to do a couple of biopsies and we will know about that in about 5 days. The great part was all the sleep I got! I slept for noon to 3:30, 4:30 to 7:00 and 10:00 to 8 this morning!! Wow, I usually average about 4 to 5 hours a night. SO I'm feeling super rested!

1 comment:

  1. What? your not pregnant? Well, good to hear it went well. Thanks for the comment on facebook. Jealous of your sleep :)

    ReplyDelete