Monday, March 1, 2010

What in the World is going on?

Last month you may remember that my daughter and I were both sick. The usual stuffy nose and coughing that slowly evolved to an ear and throat infection for her and a sinus infection for me. And now, here we are again. Little M is finally getting over her RSV and touch of pneumonia and just when I thought I was getting well, a rug was pulled out from under me. Yesterday was a nightmare. I was ready to go to the ER, I was in that much pain. I went to River Valley Urgent Care, steadying myself until I could see a doctor. I thought I was going to pass out at any moment. Have you ever weedeated? You know how your arm muscles feel shaken and unsteady after you've put the final landscaping touches on your lawn. Every muscle in my body felt that way. I was sweating (lovely, I know), I was pale, my dad told me it looked like I was withdrawing from an opient. (That's a former cop for you) My doctor was very nice and after an initial exam he decided it must be the flu. I KNEW it wasn't the flu, the pain was completely different than the achiness one feels with the flu. All the while I'm panicked that I could have passed something onto my daughter. I can only imagine if I feel this bad how she would feel. But my flu test was negative. So, off to x-ray and blood. work. When the results were ready my doctor came in and said "You need to come and see this with me" Very clearly even to my untrained eye you could see the little bronchial in my lung that were collapsed and surrounded with a cloudy fluid. A side view revealed a triangular space that is normally black on an X-ray because it's an empty space where air belongs. On my X-ray it was again filled with a cloudy fluid. Dr. C diagnosed my condition as Bronchial Pneumonia. That in conjunction with my high fever and shakiness explains clearly why I felt like poo. Our course of treatment is a new antibiotic, inhaler, and a muscle relaxer. I'm 28 years old and have NeveR had to use an inhaler. So, this Momma is demanding a sick day or two. Before I end up in the hospital where I can do no good for anyone. Thank you to my Mother-in-Law for being willing to take on this challenge. Today was my first day of rest and tomorrow is my last. I slept alot! But I was also incredibly bored as I missed my children so much. One more day of rest and then back to the nitty gritty!

No comments:

Post a Comment