Friday, December 4, 2009

Contagious Laughter of an 11 month old

11 months ago my life changed forever. I became a mother of two. My sleep decreased significantly but my tolerance to the lack of sleep increased. I amaze and disappoint myself each and every day. But, my greatest achievements call me 'mom'. "Mom, where are you?", "Mom, I need you?", a whimper, a smile, and every jabber make my days wonderful. I struggle everyday to be a good mom. I have discovered I am a naturally lazy person. If it weren't for my kids I probably wouldn't get out of bed on Saturdays. But my two kids have forever changed me. For the better I think. My Heavenly Father blessed our family with a boy and a girl. And today, she is 11 months old.
She has a smile that lights up even the darkest room (at 4 a.m.). She has a contagious laughter that warms my soul on the frigid days here in the South. Little M is weighing in at just barely 18 lbs. At this rate a forward facing car seat is a couple of months away still. And that is fine by me. She is eating more and more table food. Strawberry and peanut allergy worry is now in the past. She has tried both with success! She still only sleeps through the night on occasion. But usually only wakes up once a night. I'm still happily nursing her 3 times a day and once at night.

She is crawling everywhere, into everything, and cruising around furniture on the bottoms of her footed pajamas. She and her brother constantly entertain each other. He loves having her in his room to play and she loves it when he plays with her in the living room. She tattles on him already and he tattles on her too. I simple impatient cry let's me know that she doesn't like how B-man is playing. And I often hear "Mom, she's put something in her mouth". B-man's 'tattles' can be considered keeping her safe.
I love to dress her up, put a cute clip or a big bow in her hair. I love to shop online and look for new outfits for my Little M.

She is even a big help when it comes to picking out her accessories. I love this girl! She successfully has all the men in her life wrapped around her finger. Now, that's my girl.
Happy 11 month birthday Little M! Mommy loves you!



2 comments:

  1. She is ADORABLE, Raina! I haven't seen her in forever and she has grown up so much! Miss you! I seriously can't believe your little girl will be one soon! AH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just beautiful! I can't believe she is 11 months old!

    ReplyDelete