Saturday, December 19, 2009

New Years Resolutions

It has been quite a full year. Jobless for the first time since the age of 14, a new mom to a 2nd child, and learning to become a SAHM have filled my year. This year has been a great year of learning. And now I'm thinking about my goals for next year. The year Twenty-Ten! Aren't we supposed to be flying in space cars by now? Ha! Normally I DON'T set 'New Year's Resolutions' because I feel like I am just setting myself up for failure. How wrong is that? But this year, I'm turning over a new leaf, which a I have a daily reminder of..... Hm, some of you know what I mean. So, here it is, in no particular order, MY New Year's Resolutions.

NUMBER ONE:
(I have no idea how many there will be)
My goal is to organize and clean my house by the end of January (not including the garage, that I will leave for my husband) and then maintain that cleanliness and orgazational heaven for an entire month. With that, I am hoping that I will have created a habit and t h e n maybe I will keep it up for good.

NUMBER TWO:
Calmness will be my friend this year. I'm going to destress my mind and soul through church attendance, Bible Reading, and prayer. I don't want to be a high-strung mom that could and does snap on a dime. All of this, without medication. (I'm not on medication now)

NUMBER THREE:
I have had the book The Purpose Driven Life for a long time. I don't think I have ever read past day 10. This year, I will finish. I will have it completed by the end of February. (First I need to find it)

NUMBER FOUR:
I'm not worried about losing weight, although, I really do need to lose weight. BUT, I want to live a healthier life. So, (I can't believe I'm going to say this) no more soda!!! And I plan to and WILL by goodness, complete some form of excercise every SINGLE blessed day of 2010! Whether it be 'Walk Away The Pounds' or running with my kid.

NUMBER FIVE:
Moderation, moderation, MoDerAtion. If I can't do something that I know takes my attention from things I should be doing, t h e n, I will give it up. That means, the internet, may have to go. And probably will, who knows. Fried food, Chocolate......

NUMBER SIX:
I am going to either receive or purchase a sewing machine this year. (Yes, I know how to sew) and will make some dresses for my little girl and any other little girl or little girl's momma who would like one. I'm going to complete more Personalized Paintings (I already of interest from two businesses), Bow Holders, and anything else that may come to mind. I'm talented in some areas and lack in others. I'm excited to explore this side of my life.

NUMBER SEVEN:

No comments:

Post a Comment