Thursday, April 16, 2009

3 Month Memories and Easter Chaos


Welcome to my new and improved site! Renamed "Raina's Retreat" for it's theroputic nature. Join me on my journey as a new 'Work-at-home-mom'
Meredith Grace is 3 1/2 months! This picture is from her 3 month birthday, I just love this purple dress that I chose for her before she was born. I'm a huge fan of Kelly's Korner and I read today her 3 month reflections. That made me think; What a great idea!. So here I am, while my children sleep thinking about the past 3 months. Seems like yesterday she was born.
So, Meredith, what are you up to these days?
  • You love your brother and cry if he is gone for to long, but perk right back up when you see him.
  • You are finally out of your screaming stage and mommy is able to get things done while your enjoy your swing and your brother's cartoons.
  • You love your bedtime routine and begin to fuss at 9 on the dot if I haven't started it.
  • Bath time is getting better as long as I take a bath with you. (I just love watching your face as you get all clean)
  • You are now sleeping in your bassinet (rather than carseat) in mommy and daddy's room. Daddy has learned to sleep through your nightly feedings.
  • You go to sleep by 9:30 to 10:00 every night and sleep until 8:30. Waking only to eat at 3:30 and 6:30 (unless daddy's pager goes off, then we are ALL awake)
  • Mommy loves to buy you bows and headbands but your little head is still too small for most of them.
  • You love to go to the park and are not at all bothered by the ducks that inspect you.
  • You are very tolerant of mommy dressing you in your pretty bracelets and wear them all day.
  • You need your nose suctioned every night before you go to bed and you HATE it with a passion, but with our new battery operated aspirator it's over a lot faster than it used to be.
  • You have discovered your buggy mobile that has gone through all the grandkids and will cry when the music stops.
  • You really love your pacifier and fist (which you suck very vigorously)
  • Your such a blessing you brother, mommy, and daddy.
  • Emmy and Aunt Sarah are just crazy over you.
  • You made it through your first church service on Easter with only one cry (during the Lord's Supper of course)



(Emmy and Papa with all their Grandkids)
(Bryston and Meredith are in gray and pink)
(Whitney Kate with the Easter Basket and Matthew and Heath at the end)
Easter was so much fun! We started the day in pouring rain on our way to church. Jason said "you know if it weren't Easter we wouldn't be going today". That got me to thinking about how the Devil creeps his way into our lives on even the most important day of the year. I'm so thankful we went.
We had "Emmy's Easter Party" (that's what Whitney Kate called it) after church. My in-laws had prepared for the rainy day and created a wonderful egg hunt for each kid and at the end of the hunt they found their Easter Bag. We ate and ate all day long. The house was filled with with lots of fun and noise. It used to be my two nephews that caused so much laughter and noise, now, it's my son that causes the majority of the noise:) Ha. Bryston and Whitney Kate have a special bond and love to get into mischief.
If you'll notice my kiddos Easter outfits. At the last minute I changed my mind and went shopping the night before Easter for new outfits, needless to say I was up late and early to get them washed and ironed.

1 comment:

  1. She is just the prettiest little doll. This is such a sweet post, and she will treasure this one day!

    ReplyDelete