Monday, April 27, 2009

A Love Like No Other

(Now, a rambunctious 3 year old)
I'm one of those anxiety ridden people. I rarely watch the news or read sad things. But I ran across something today, I was led to it. I hope you are too.

Baby Kayleigh was born 3 month premature weighing 1lb 1oz and only 10 1/2 inches long. She has been fighting for her life for 10 months. The doctors believe that after her last surgery she is now brain dead. (I know, really sad) With 2 kids at home and the ups and downs of NICU life, the financial part of their life doesn't need to be a concern. Friends of theirs are asking for your help.

This is VERY dear to me and Jason. Three years ten months ago our little boy was born 2 months early at UAMS. He was a whopping 4 lbs 5 oz (for a preemie that is whopping) but his little body was just not ready. Jason and I watch 2 and 3lb babies go home before ours. The life of a NICU baby is horrid and scary. Just when you think things are great and you'll get to go home soon, something will happen. Fast breathing, distended belly, infection, resistance to nourishment, blood transfusions, PIC lines, antibiotics..... After 32 days in NICU our little boy got to come home. Baby Kayleigh may not. Read the link to the right marked Kayleigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment