Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Weighing the Pros and Cons


As you know Little M is 6 months old. What you may not know is that she still sleeps next to my side of the bed in her bassinet. I know in my heart that the time is coming for her to move to her own bed. My grandma asked me today "What are the pros and cons?" And of course I listed them off pretty darn quickly. Here they are:
Pros:
My husband would sleep better
She is growing out of her bassinet, her crib has more room
She will gain more mobility
Cons:
I'm still nursing and it's so much easier for me to nurse her quickly and put her back down
We have a split floor plan and I'm not comfortable having her so far away from me
(Bear with me, if you know me, you know this is just me and typical: paranoia)
The very thought of not being able to reach over and check on her just pains me
I don't have a rocking chair in her room and it will be difficult to feed her at night without waking her up to much
I worry about her big brother going in there and trying to help me out by attempting to bring her to me
I'm not looking forward to her having all that mobility because that's when I have to start worrying about other things
Here's the really stumper; I wasn't this way with my son. I also wasn't able to nurse him and he started sleeping through the night at 3 months. J remembers letting him cry it out several times, but for some reason I don't. I do remember letting him cry more than what I let her cry. He's just as special as she is but for some reason it bothers me so much more.
I'm thinking about this next week putting her down for naps in her crib and then the next week moving her to it at nights. I'm sure I'll make a pallet in the floor for the first couple of nights so that I don't bother J with the monitor and all the crying. Bonus though, we have a highly specialized monitor with special powers (Ha) so, I'll know her every movement.

1 comment:

  1. Someone told me that you often put things off with you second child, especially if it's going to be your last. You want to hang on to every little "baby" moment....maybe that's why :)

    ReplyDelete