Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Food for Thought

Lately, my life is go, go, go! I'm constantly focused on getting from point A to point B. I need to get the kitchen clean, more laundry to fold, need to go to Grandma's, gotta call this person, run, run, run. But while I was sitting and feeding my Little M, I stopped, and I realized that I'm focusing on what I need to get done after I put her to bed. And I almost missed this, her precious smile, her chattering (just like her momma), and her blowing bubbles. Why am I just going going going? If I'm not careful, I'm going to miss these precious minutes of her being a baby. Just today as I was carrying her, I was thinking how much I miss it when she would just lay on me but now she is head strong and grabbing at things as we walk past.

And so, even though we are moving to a new house and things are stressful. I am promising myself to slow down and enjoy my little girl. She is the last baby I will ever have. And just look at her, isn't she adorable? My heart swells when I look at my babies. I am so blessed.
And for the actual 'food' in my 'Food for Thought' post. Have you ever tried to get your child to eat something they don't like? B-man doesn't like eggs. But the other day I saw this recipe on 'The Doctors'. It's called EGG IN THE HOLE. Ha ha! But......... he ate it and like it. So did my husband for that matter. Just put a little butter in the pan, a piece of bread with a small hole cut out and crack the egg in the hole. Fry up like you would a peice of French Toast. Yum. Yum.




1 comment:

  1. Oh we LOVE egg in the hole around this house! It's such a fun breakfast (and we're adults!) LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete