Sunday, June 21, 2009

I have a secret crush...

Ok, so it's not so secret anymore. But I think Adam Sandler is a handsome guy. Who thinks that? NO one! I was thinking it's really strange that I would take a liking to him, especially with all the hotties in Hollywood. Then it hit me, maybe it's just me, but I think I see a resemblance.
So, Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband. It seems like yesterday that my husband was a first time dad. We celebrated his first Father's Day in Little Rock, AR. Our son was just two weeks old. After a lot of persuasion I reluctantly left my son's bedside and went out on the town with my husband. We visited the Clinton Library (aka double wide) and strolled on the Riverwalk, had lunch and headed back to the hospital. At present our life has become busier than one could imagine and we have 2 children now. We fill like our family is complete. I love my hardworking, dedicated, and loving husband. He makes a great tickle monster, errand runner, and grill master. This year he has been so incredibly overloaded and is handling it like a champ. He became a father of 2, was promoted to Liaison Engineer, coached a little league team and did it all as naturally as if he had been doing it his entire life.
Did you know any man can be a father but it takes a special man to be a dad. The presence or absence of a dad negates our entire life. If you have great dad then you aspire to be like him or in my case marry someone just as great. If you have a crappy dad then you make an extra effort to not put your kids through the same thing you went through. If you don't have a dad then you probably look for father figures or fill that void else where. If the Lord is your Father then you can take comfort in know His hand is in your life. So for every dad, Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment