Friday, June 5, 2009

Your 5 Months

Happy Birthday Little M! Your 5 months old. What have you been up to?
* You got your first Build a Bear and we named here Mer (mair)Bear. You really seem to love her. I can't wait until you are carrying her around but right now she is as big as you.
*You still aren't acting like a lady. The bottom of your dresses seem to go in your mouth the second you get a chance.
* You wake up about one time each night and then go right back to sleep.
* You still love being swaddled but have recently figured out how to wiggle free, probably because we had to order you a new swaddler and it is a bit big. But you slept like this all night and it didn't seem to bother you. (Nothing like a sweet sleeping baby)

* You enjoy being read to by your brother and mommy. (daddy, not so much)
* Still quite picky about where you sit and then you only sit in one place for about 15 minutes.
* Of course wherever you are if you don't have a pacifier in your mouth then you have your hand in your mouth and mommy gets very upset when people insist on grabbing your little hand. Because I know where that hand is going to end up and I don't know where those other hands have been.
* You love love love being out and about! Here you are gazing at the shark tank (the underground walk way).
* Along with that, if we stay in one place to long then you start to get seriously fussy.
Also...
* You really don't care for being on your belly so, you haven't rolled over yet. Although, you love being on your back and rolling back and forth that way, all while having your feet in your hands.
* We have started you on rice cereal but you don't seem to care for it to much.
* You and your mommy have a very special bond so, when other people hold you you are keeping your eyes on me and even then you give a frown with a few (warning I'm fixing to scream) whimpers until I come back to you. (No, I don't run to you every time. I'm trying not to spoil you, but you tend to cry so hard that you choke, so, I do everything to prevent that.)
* When you wake up first thing in the morning you have a great big smile on your face. It's hard for me not to just pick you up (but I'm trying to get you to be a sleep in baby, not a 5 a.m. baby)
* You love Thursdays when we have a play date with Ms. Stephanie and Kendall.
* Your debut' in the church nursery is not far away. But I'm going to keep you with me as long as I can.
* We have abandoned big bows mostly (because they become a chew toy) and have gone to Briar.Claire baby clips with handmade crocheted flowers.
Can't wait to see what this next month has in store. We love you so much and thank God every second for you and your brother.




No comments:

Post a Comment