Saturday, June 13, 2009

Within These Walls

This is where J and I started our life in 2002. We moved into our brand new home and set out on this journey we call life.
Within these walls we've laughed, cried, and celebrated many milestones. We celebrated our first Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines, Easter, and Birthdays as newly weds. It was here that I studied late nights as I pursued and succeeded with a my college degree. This is we shared our home with my mom and brother as they transitioned from one house to another. This is where are family began.

This is the home we brought both of our new babies too. B-man on July 7, 2005 and Little M on January 9, 2009. This is the room in which my son's world broadened as he discovered crawling and walking. These are the walls that have seen Santa and the Easter Bunny. Here is where special presents await a birthday boy.
Here is where we had our first meal as a married couple, a Mazzio's Pizza right there on the tile floor (before we had a kitchen table). This is the room where I served new recipes as I experienced the new idea of 'making' my own meal and not eating out. B-man and Little M have both been served their first solid foods in this room. The tile has seen many spills and race cars.
This room has been a mess since we moved in. It has seen every piece of dirty clothing a person could ever own. This is where my children have napped and where Little M still sleeps. (She will move to her room eventually). Here is where I spent each pregnant night and even labored, right there in our bed. I love our quilt and yes I know that my pillow cases don't match but here's the thing, my mom has made each of those pillow cases and each one has funky material and stitching that makes it extra special.

I lovingly picked out the border and paint for this room in anticipation of the arrival of our baby boy. This room that once housed a crib and changing table is now furnished with 'big boy' furniture. Here is where I changed my little boy's first diaper and now where I read him a bible story each night before bed. The 'Pink Room' was once my brother's room and has at times been a junk room/office. Now, my little girl's dresses hang in place of grungy T-shirts and storage boxes. Here is where we had our make-shift living room while the real living room was being remodeled. Often heard within these walls, Baby Einstein's Bach, the cries of an impatient baby, and the squeals of a big brother.
The crib that once held a sleeping baby boy now holds a little girl after my own heart.
As of June 11, 2009 our home is up for sale. I reminded that it's not the walls of this house that make our home. But the memories it has held that will be with us forever. We will always be a family and That will make our next house a HOME.
Life is wonderful and God is in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment